Many of the communication applications work based on a simple point-to-point connection with low-data rate requirement (below 100kbits/s) or simple node connections that collect and transmit a limited volume of data to a central control. For these applications, most of the developers choose different radio-band operations. Wireless communication becomes an integral part of several types of communication devices such as mobiles, GPS modules, Zigbee transceivers, Bluetooth devices and so on. Let us know about these types of communication systems in brief.
Two Types of Communications
- Sub-GHz wireless development
- 2.4GHz wireless development
Sub-GHz Wireless Development: (0-999MHz)
A Sub-GHz wireless communication provides a cost-effective solution in a low-data system that forms simple point-to-point communications with very large mesh networks. For low-data-rate applications, such as home security or automation and smart-metering systems, the Sub-GHz wireless systems offer several advantages, including long-range applicability and reduced power consumption.
Advantages of Sub-GHz Wireless Communication
- Supports long distance communication
- Consumes very less Power
- Reduces the cost of development for long-range applications.
- Works without requiring batteries
Sub-GHz: Different Transmitter and Transceiver Modules
- RF Protocol Module
- IR Protocol Module
- RFID Protocol Module
- GPS Protocol Module
2.4 GHz Wireless Developments: (2.4GHz)
The 2.4GHz wireless communication can provide cost-effective solutions in a high-data system that forms simple point-to-point communications with small mesh networks. For high-data rate applications, such as home security and data acquisition systems, the 2.4 GHz wireless systems offer several advantages including short-range and reduced-power consumption.
2.4 GHz Different Transceiver Modules
The 2.4GHZ is the frequency of the radio signal that allows you to sit anywhere surrounding it to access information. The 2.4GHz supported different transceivers’ protocols include the following:
- WI-FI Protocol (802.11a,802.11b) Transceiver Module
- Bluetooth Protocol Transceiver Module
- Zigbee protocol Transceiver Module
- 6lowPan Protocol Transceiver Module
- Ultra-Low-Power Transceiver Module
- Wireless Hart Protocol Transceiver Module
- ANT Protocol Transceiver Module
- Atmel AT86RF230-ZU Protocol Transceiver Module
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Zigbee technologies are heavily marketed. 2.4 GHz protocols are used extensively in today’s market.
- GSM Protocol Module
- EnOcean Protocol Transceiver Module
- Io– Home Control Protocol Transceiver Module
- ONE-NET Protocol Transceiver Module
- INSTEON Protocol Transceiver Module
- Z-Wave Protocol Transceiver Module