Wireless sensor network comprises of sensors, base stations and protocols with self-organized capabilities connected with a wireless network. A sensor is a device that measures a physical quantity and converts it into an electrical signal which can be read by an instrument. WSNs are used to monitor environmental and physical conditions such as pressure, sound, temperature, etc. wirelessly by central controller as shown in figure. These network sensors use three topologies such as point to point, mesh or star topologies to provide communication between sensors and controllers.
Sensor Systems are essential for our awareness of the surroundings and thus provide security, safety and surveillance as well as enable the monitoring of environment and our health related parameters. Sensor System is a world leader in the distribution and manufacturing of rotator sensors, inclinometers and cable actuators. These systems can provide conventional solutions for different groups of industries, including medial, aerospace, telecommunications, and many more. A wide range of sensors are used in the instrumentation and industrial market for all types of applications such as monitoring, testing, safety and stabilization.
A sensor is a device that detects or measures a real-world condition, such as heat, light or motion and converts that condition into an analog or digital signal. Sensors are a new solution for measuring voltages and currents needed for monitoring medium voltage power systems. Mercury in a glass thermometer, which is the best example for a sensor; glass thermometer converts the measured temperature into contraction and expansion of a liquid which can be read on a glass tube. Sensors are used in everyday objects such as lamps, touch-sensitive elevator buttons, and so on. The applications of sensors include machines, cars, aerospace medicine, robotics and manufacturing units, etc. The specifications of sensor are accuracy, resolution, sensitivity, resolution, transfer function, dynamic range,noise, linearity and bandwidth.
Remote sensors are very useful for sensing small and irregularly shape objects. These sensors are used to acquire the information about an object without making physical contact with the object. Generally a remote sensor refers to the activities of events at faraway places. In these types of sensors, the sensors are not in direct contact with the objects being observed, and the information needs a physical carrier to travel from the objects to the sensors. In remote sensors, the electromagnetic radiation is used as an information carrier and these sensors operate in extremely difficult to reach areas. Remote sensors are compatible with Maxi, MICRO and PICO amplifier modules.
Wireless Sensor Network:
Wireless Sensor Network is an effectively the latest trend of moor’s law towards the ubiquity and miniaturization of computing devices as it consists of a number of nodes and base stations. WSNs are used to monitor environmental and physical conditions such as sound, temperature, pressure, etc.WSNs are made up of nodes from a few to thousands, where in each node is connected to a sensor. Depending on the environment, the classification of networks is decided. The Types of Wireless Sensor Networks include Terrestrial WSNs, Underground WSNs, Underwater WSNs, Multimedia WSNs, and Mobile WSNs.
Below figure shows how these sensors are connected to host computer. All these sensors are connected by a wireless network to the gateway computer where data is transferred to main controller from which control action takes place.
Wireless sensors are standard tools equipped with transmitters to convert signals from process control instruments into a radio transmission. The radio signal is interpreted by a receiver which converts wireless signal to specific output such as data analysis or an analog current. While selecting a wireless sensor, there are a number of items to consider like the type of measurement, accuracy, range, response time and frequency. Wireless sensors offer many benefits such as ease of usage, convenience, safety and affordability.
Nowadays technical students are looking for guidance to complete their project in order to empower themselves with the latest technologies and enhance their employment opportunities. Electronic project kits are a great way to design the do it yourself kit projects. However, the selection of various electronic project kits on WSNs is very important. Therefore, for such a purpose, this article presents a list of electronic project kits on WSNs.
Electronic Project Kits on Wireless Sensor Networks for BE Engineering Students
- Designing of a Smart Gate Way for a Wireless Sensor Network Health Care System
- Designing and Controlling of a Green House System Based on AVR Microcontroller and WSNs
- Utilizing Ultrasonic Sensor and WSN for Parking Guidance System
- A Process and Error Control perspective in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Star Based Mesh Network Performance Analysis and Implementation
- Wireless Low Power Sensor Network Based Time Synchronization in ANT Protocol
- Data Collection Application in WSNs based on Ad hoc Routing
- QoS and Scalable Networking Solutions for Telemedicine
- Distributed Search in Wireless Sensor Networks for Balanced Energy Consumption Spanning Trees
- Probabilistic Network Links Based Average Consensus in WSNs
- Agent Based Data Transfer Peer to Peer Layer Architecture in Wireless Sensor Networks
- WSN based on Advanced health Monitoring
- Actual Data Platform based Evaluation of Event Management Systems at the Railway Operating Field Darmstadt
- Aerial Platform Based Energy Efficient Medium Access Control for WSNs
- Wireless Sensor Network Monitoring Mechanisms
- Protocol Independent Based Ad Hoc Mobile Networks Monitoring
- An Efficient Active Monitoring of a Component Based Network in WSNs
- Designing and Development of a Forest of a WSN Test Beds
- Hardware Implementation of Low Complexity practical Medium Access Control Schemes
- WSNs Based Bio Inspired Routing Methodologies
- Wireless M2M Communication Based Resource Allocation Strategies for Future
- Designing of Routing Protocols and Effective MAC for Multi-hop WSNs
- Aerial Platforms Based Medium Access Control for WSNs
- Security Consciousness Based Architectures of Wireless Sensor Networks
- Designing of a Low power Medium Access Control Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Intelligent MAC Protocols for WSNs
Thus we believe that given list of projects on wireless sensor networks and its description gives more interest to the readers. All these projects are preferably suitable for electronic, electrical and instrumentation engineering students. Further if you want any sensor based project ideas you can visit site edgefxkits.com or else you can comment below.
- Wireless Sensor Network by automationworld
- Sensor Systems by thermofisher
- Sensor Technology by klaeger
- Remote Sensorby imimg
- Wireless Sensor Network in Industries by electronicdesign
- Wireless Sensor by thermofisher
- Electronic Project Kits on WSN by faludi